Call for Proposals – Spring 2020
The FAU Osher Lifelong Learning Institute in Boca Raton seeks applications for series and program proposals for Spring 2020.
Program Options and Details
Spring 2020 Start Date: March 2020
Submission Deadline for Spring 2020: Friday, October 18, 2019. All proposals are reviewed and selected by the OLLI Boca Board of Advisors’ Curriculum Committee.
Event Types: Four (4)-Week or Eight (8)-Week Series and/or a One-Time Event. Presenters may apply for multiple events or programs on different topics.
Program Length: One-Time Events and each session of a series are typically scheduled for 90 minutes once each week, although two hours may be accommodated.
Audience: Non-traditional adult learners, many of whom are college or post-college graduates.
Example Topic Areas for Proposals*:
- Current Affairs
- Literature, and
- Cultural Studies.
* See the current program list for example topics being presented.
Compensation: Compensation is based on student enrollment numbers. Note that in addition to the amounts in the following chart, for every multi-week series there will be a $4 compensation for each guest ticket sold.
|Series||Min. Payment||Amt. per Enrollee
Presentation Materials: While not required, presenters are strongly encouraged to supplement lectures by using visuals such as PowerPoint slides, or other media.
- Barry and Florence Friedberg Auditorium. Capacity: 500-seats.
- Ely Meyerson Continuing Education rooms. Capacity: two 60-seat spaces, or one 120-seat space.
Provided Equipment and Services:
- Stage | Auditorium Only
- Large Screen
- Wired and Wireless Mics
- Operator Controlled Sound Booth | Auditorium Only
- AV Mgr. On-site Throughout Presentation
- Stage Lighting System and House Lights | Auditorium Only
- Green Room | Auditorium Only
- Grand Piano | Auditorium Only
- Analog Overhead Projector
- Doc Cam | Auditorium Only
- Devices for the Hearing Impaired | Auditorium Only
- Internet Access
- VGA/HDMI Available.