1. What are OLLI Boca's hours of operation?
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
2. Where do the programs take place?
The large majority of the programs are held in the Barry and Florence Friedberg Lifelong Learning Auditorium (also known as the Friedberg Auditorium); an attractive 500-seat area donated by the generous support of the Friedberg’s and hundreds of other patrons. It is a custom-designed space with wide aisles, an outstanding audiovisual system, superior acoustics, and standards providing accessibility and comfort for the physically challenged.
Smaller sessions and hands-on programs are also available in classrooms located in the Ely Meyerson Continuing Education Hall that was renovated in 2019 and is adjacent to the Friedberg Auditorium.
Please see Directions and Parking for more information about our location.
3. What do I need to know about the venue?
The auditorium and classrooms are wheelchair accessible, and T-coil and hearing assistive devices are available. No food or drinks, (except water) are permitted inside all of the OLLI Boca spaces.
4. How does parking work?
Please see Directions and Parking.
5. Can I park in Lot 15 to attend a University event not associated with OLLI Boca?
No, Lot 15 is exclusively zoned for OLLI Boca programs. You may receive a parking citation if you park there for an event not sponsored by OLLI Boca.
6. How do I check if my membership is current?
Membership status can be checked online at olliboca.fau.edu. Login with your patron ID number, (found on the front of your patron ID card). Membership is valid from the time the $60 membership dues are paid until June 30 of each year.
7. How can I check what programs I registered for?
Individual program registration schedules, (including the dates and times) can be checked online at olliboca.online. After entering your patron ID number, (located on the front of your patron ID card), click on the “View Registered Lectures” tab. There you can review all the programs for which you have registered.
8. Why haven’t I received a program book in the mail?
You may not have received a program book in the mail for one of the following reasons.
- Only paid members and recent nonmembers receive the program book by mail.
- Members or recent nonmembers with more than one residence should include their departure and arrival dates to Florida for correct mailings. This information can be updated in your patron account accessed online at olliboca.fau.edu.
9. Where can I obtain a copy of the program book if I am not a member?
The program book for each new season is available online as soon as the schedules are finalized. Books are also available in the following locations:
- OLLI Boca auditorium lobby
- FAU Living Room Theatre
- FAU Student Union
- Boca Raton and Delray Beach public libraries
- Select Palm Beach County libraries, and
- Select community clubhouses.
10. Can I pay for programs over the phone?
We cannot process payments over the phone. Programs may be selected and paid for using the following options:
- ONLINE: At olliboca.fau.edu for current members or if membership is added at checkout. A 10% discount will be applied to all online registrations with membership.
- IN PERSON: At the Friedberg auditorium lobby between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. The address is 777 Glades Road, Bldg. CEH 31D, Boca Raton, FL 33431.
11. How will I know if the payment transaction has been completed?
A transaction confirmation will be sent by mail within 10 days of processing your payment. As soon as the payment is processed, you will be registered for your selected program(s). You may also review your schedule online at olliboca.fau.edu
under the “View Registered Lectures” tab.
12. Do you use a ticketing system?
No, we do not use a ticketing system. You will receive a transaction confirmation by mail, and if you register online, you will also receive an electronic confirmation in your email account.
The program(s) you register for will be activated on your patron ID card, which works as your ticket to access the program(s) you have registered for on the day of each event.
13. How much are “day of” tickets at the door?
Tickets at the door vary by program type, and are only payable by credit card. At the door prices are the same for members and nonmembers.
14. What is the best time to arrive?
The auditorium doors are typically opened one hour before each program starts. We suggest you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the event start time. If you are attending a “sold out” event, please arrive earlier to allow time to find parking and seating. Programs start on time.
15. How does seating work?
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no reserved seating.
16. What should I do if I cannot find my patron ID card?
If you lost your patron ID card, you will need to purchase a replacement card for $10. A patron ID card is required for entry into a program.
A replacement ID card may be purchased in the auditorium lobby between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
17. Can I transfer out of my current program to a different one?
All requests for program transfers must be submitted in writing via one of the following methods:
- email to email@example.com
- faxed to 561.297.3481 or 561.297.1028
- or in person at the Friedberg auditorium lobby desk by completing a “Transfer Form.”
All transfers require administrative approval and must be of equal or lesser value.
18. Can someone else attend a program in my place?
Yes, to be admitted, your guest must present written authorization from you and present your patron ID card at the door. The written authorization must include your name, title of the program, your signature, and your guest’s name. To avoid a parking citation, your guest must also provide the license plate information of the vehicle parked on the FAU campus.
Please keep in mind that if someone else attends in your place, you will no longer be able to watch the lecture via “Video Catch-up.”
19. What is the refund policy if I cancel one of my registered programs?
All requests for program cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (561.297.3481), or in person at the OLLI Boca auditorium lobby desk by completing a “Drop Form.” No refunds will be issued on programs that were part of a bundled discount purchase, or once the program or lecture series has begun. All refund requests require administrative approval before processing.
Due to high administrative costs, all refunds will be subject to the following drop fees:
- $15 processing fee per person for each lecture series refunded.
- $5 processing fee per person for each one-time program refunded.
21. How do I update my vehicle’s license plate information?
Your vehicle’s license plate information can be updated using one of the following methods:
- Online at olliboca.fau.edu. After entering your patron ID number, (located on the front of your patron ID card), click on the “Patron Info” tab to access the screen to edit your information.
- Phone: 561.297.3185
- Fax: 561.297.3481 or 561.297.1028
- Email: email@example.com
- In-person at the Friedberg auditorium lobby desk between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
22. Is there a lost and found if I left one of my belongings in the auditorium?
Please ask at the lobby front desk, or call our office at 561.297.3185 with a description of your lost item, and we will check our lost and found section.
23. Can a personal care aide attend a program with a patron?
Yes. As a courtesy and if seats are available, a personal care aide can attend a program with a patron at no cost but may be asked to provide supporting documentation.
24. Is membership refundable?
No, membership is non-refundable, except if a patron only purchased one program with the membership, and that program was canceled.
25. What should I do if I receive a parking citation?
26. What if I do not have a patron ID number or do not know mine?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm or obtain a patron ID number.