1. What are OLLI Boca's hours of operation?
Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
2. Where do the programs take place?
The large majority of the programs are held in the Barry and Florence Friedberg Lifelong Learning Center Auditorium; an attractive 500-seat auditorium donated by the generous support of the Friedbergs and hundreds of other patrons. It is a custom-designed space with wide aisles, an outstanding audiovisual system, superior acoustics and standards providing accessibility and comfort for the physically challenged.
New spaces for smaller sessions are also available in the newly renovated Ely Meyerson Continuing Education Hall.
Please see Directions and Parking for more information about our location.
3. What do I need to know about the venue?
The auditorium is wheelchair accessible, and T-coil and hearing assistive devices are available. No food or drinks, (except water) are permitted inside the auditorium, or the lobby.
4. How does parking work?
Please see Directions and Parking.
5. Can I park in Lot 15 to attend a University event not associated with OLLI Boca?
No, Lot 15 is exclusively zoned for OLLI Boca programs. You may receive a parking citation if you park there for a an event not sponsored by OLLI Boca.
6. How do I check if my membership is current?
Membership status can be checked online at olliboca.online. Login with your patron ID number, (found on the front of your patron ID card). Membership is valid from the time the $60 membership dues are paid until June 30 of each year.
7. How can I check what programs I registered for?
Individual program registration schedules, (including the dates and times) can be checked online at olliboca.online. After entering your patron ID number, (located on the front of your patron ID card), click on the “View Registered Lectures” tab. There you can review all the programs for which you have registered.
8. Why haven’t I received a program book in the mail?
You may not have received a program book in the mail for one of the following reasons.
- Only paid members and recent nonmembers receive the program book by mail
- Members or recent nonmembers with more than one residence should include their departure and arrival dates to Florida for correct mailings. This information can be updated in your patron account accessed online at olliboca.online.
9. Where can I obtain a copy of the program book if I am not a member?
The program book for each new season is available online as soon as the schedules are finalized. Books are also available in the OLLI Boca auditorium lobby, the Boca Raton and Delray Beach public libraries, and selected surrounding Palm Beach County libraries.
10. Can I pay for programs over the phone?
We cannot process payments over the phone. Programs may be selected and paid for using the following options:
- ONLINE: To receive a 10% discount register at olliboca.fau.edu.
- IN PERSON: At the OLLI Boca auditorium desk. 777 Glades Road, Bldg. CEH 31D, Boca Raton, FL 33431
- CREDIT CARD: Online, or Member Application/Renewal form mailed, or faxed to 561.297.3481, or 561.297.1028.
11. How will I know if the payment transaction has been completed?
A transaction confirmation will be sent by mail within 10 days of processing your payment. As soon as the payment is processed, you will be registered for your selected program(s). You may also review your schedule online at olliboca.online
under the “View Registered Lectures” tab.
12. Do you use a ticketing system?
No, we do not use a ticketing system. You will receive a transaction confirmation by mail. The program(s) you register for will be activated on your patron ID card, which works as your ticket to access the program(s) you have registered for on the day of each event.
13. How much are “day of” tickets at the door?
Tickets at the door vary by program type, and are only payable by credit card. At the door prices are the same for members and nonmembers. To save 10% consider purchasing “day of” tickets from your phone while in the auditorium lobby.
14. What is the best time to arrive?
The auditorium doors are typically opened one hour before each program starts. We suggest you arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the event start time. If you are attending a “sold out” event, please arrive earlier to allow time to find parking and seating. Programs start on time.
15. How does seating work?
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no reserved seating.
16. What should I do if I cannot find my patron ID card?
If you lost your patron ID card, you will need to purchase a replacement card for $10. A patron ID card is required for entry into a program.
17. Can I transfer out of my current program to a different one?
All requests for program transfers must be submitted in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at the OLLI Boca auditorium lobby desk by completing a “Transfer Form.” All transfers require administrative approval.
18. Can someone else attend a program in my place?
Yes, to be admitted, your guest must present a written authorization from you and present your patron ID card at the door. The written authorization must include your name, title of the program, your signature and your guest’s name. To avoid a parking citation, your guest must also provide the license plate information of the vehicle parked on the FAU campus.
19. Can I cancel one of my registered programs?
All requests for program cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com, or in person at the OLLI Boca auditorium lobby desk by completing a “Drop Form.” No refunds will be issued on programs that were part of a bundled discount purchase, or once the program or lecture series has begun. All refund requests require administrative approval before processing.
20. Can I request a refund for a registration payment made by check?
Check refunds are possible, however, the process is complicated and may be lengthy. Your bank’s routing number and other identifying information are required for check refunds, and the refund must be direct deposited into your checking account only. We encourage all of our patrons to pay by credit card to avoid any refund delays.
21. How do I update my vehicle’s license plate information?
Your vehicle’s license plate information can be updated using one of the following methods:
22. Is there a lost and found if I left one of my belongings in the auditorium?
Please ask at the lobby front desk, or call our office at 561.297.3185 with a description of your lost item, and we will search our lost and found section.