Ask a Scientist: Microbiologist and Biotechnologist Answers Questions About COVID-19
May 8, 2020 | By Cheryl Halle | News Home
The FAU Charles E. Schmidt College of Science in partnership with OLLI Boca recorded a special episode of “Ask a Scientist: Microbiologist and Biotechnologist Answers Questions About COVID-19”. The questions answered in the episode were submitted by listeners.
Ata Sarajedini, Ph.D., dean of FAU’s Charles E. Schmidt College of Science conducted the session with Nwadiuto Esiobu, Ph.D., professor, biological science in FAU’s Charles E. Schmidt College of Science. Esiobu answered questions submitted from fans of the “Ask a Scientist” show. Sample questions that were addressed in the episode include:
- how does a virus generate
- how do we find drugs to block the coronavirus disease
- how artificial intelligence (AI) is used to find treatments for diseases
- the impacts of climate change on viruses such as COVID-19
- how a pandemic becomes endemic and much more.
Click the image below to watch the video of the discussion.