Course DescriptionMovement Meditation combines the benefits of physical activity with the benefits of mindfulness meditation. In other words, you don’t have to be still to meditate. Meditation invokes a shift in consciousness, whether it be in stillness or action. When you are in the midst of your day, and your mind is restless or disturbed, doing a movement meditation practice can create an immediate shift in consciousness, enabling you to bring greater awareness and peace into the world around you. Sanders will explore different mindfulness meditation techniques and how they can be combined with a gentle movement practice to incorporate into everyday life.
- Background of Mindful Movement Meditation: Discussion and Practice
- Breath Meditation with Movement: Discussion and Practice
- Mindful Meditation with Gentle Stretching: Discussion and Practice
- Putting it All Together: Discussion and Practice
- Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Date: Fridays, March 11, 18, 25; April 1
- Location: Lifelong Learning classrooms, Continuing Education Building
Member - $60
Non-member - $80
One-time guest pass, Member or Non-member at the door - $25.
About the Instructor
Yoga Journey presents Ruth Sanders, ERYT 500HR Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation Teacher. Her classes and trainings are accessible to all levels with an emphasis on centering through breathwork. She teaches a variety of Yoga and Meditation styles, but the common thread throughout all her classes is adapting and modifying the practice for all students. Sanders is certified with the Yoga Alliance as an ERYT500, is certified in Chair Yoga, Yin Yoga, Hatha, and Vinyasa Yoga, Mindfulness Meditation, and holds yoga certification with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.