Course DescriptionBased on his popular Great Decisions format, Morton will analyze four important foreign policy challenges facing the United States. For each topic, he will provide background information, American interests and foreign policy options.
- The Group of Seven (G7): Is it Time to Bring Russia Back Into the Organization?
- Hong Kong: A Thorn in the Side of China, What Role for the United States?
- Iran: What Options Does the United States Have in the Post-Nuclear Agreement Era?
- Vietnam: America's Historic Nemesis Now Needs Our Help to Counter China
- Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Date: Tuesdays, March 24, 31; April 7, 14
- Location: Friedberg Auditorium, Lifelong Learning Building
Member - $50
Non-member - $65
One-time guest pass, Member or Non-member at the door - $20.
About the Instructor
Jeffrey S. Morton, PhD is a Professor of Political Science, a Fellow at the Foreign Policy Association and recipient of the prestigious FPA Medal, which is bestowed upon leading members of the American foreign policy establishment. He has been honored with numerous university awards, including Researcher of the Year, the Talon Service Award, Master Teacher and University Distinguished Teacher of the Year. Morton has contributed to articles that have appeared in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. He directs the Leon Charney Diplomacy Program, which has received thirty-eight national and international awards for academic excellence and placed 1st overall at Nationals in Washington, DC, in 2018.
Lifelong Learning Society Distinguished Professor of Current Affairs, 2005-2008Recipient of the LLS 2002 Excellence in Teaching Award
Upcoming programs presented by Jeffrey Morton.
|Type||Number||Instructor||Course Title||Add to Cart|
|4wk||S243A||Jeffrey Morton||American Foreign Policy Tuesdays, March 24, 31; April 7, 14: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm|
|One-Time||SPL03173||Jeffrey Morton||Grading American Presidents on Foreign Policy: 1945 - 2020Tuesday, March 17: 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm|