Course DescriptionPlacido Domingo marked five decades of musical excellence during the 2018/2019 Met Opera season. Considered the world's greatest singing actor, Domingo has been unequaled in providing memorable moments at the famous house. Maestro Albanese will present highlights from his performances in seven Met productions. The works will be shown in chronological order and all are subtitled in English. Note: There willl be a special Valentine's Day program on the February 14th session.
- Rigoletto by Verdi: A 1977 Production
- Luisa Miller by Verdi: A 1979 Production
- Manon Lescault by Puccini: A 1980 Production
- Don Carlo by Verdi: A 1983 Production
- Turandot by Puccini: A1988 Production
- Valentine's Day Special: Great Love Affairs from the World of Opera
- Otello by Verdi: A1995 Production
- Samson and Delila by Saint-Saens: A 1998 Production
- Time: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Date: Fridays, January 17, 24, 31; February 7, 14, 21, 28; March 6
- Location: Friedberg Auditorium, Lifelong Learning Building
Member - $100
Non-member - $130
One-time guest pass, Member or Non-member at the door - $20.
About the Instructor
Giuseppe Albanese attended the University of Vermont and received his degree in history in 1966. In 1989, after five years of intensive study, he developed a dynamic education program entitled The Joy of Opera. For the past 30 years, he has lectured extensively on numerous operatic subjects and has produced several video documentaries. Maestro Albanese will be celebrating 25 years with Lifelong Learning at FAU in 2020.
Recipient of the 2000 Excellence in Teaching Award
Upcoming programs presented by Giuseppe Albanese.
|Type||Number||Instructor||Course Title||Add to Cart|