Throughout the history of art every artist decides which medium best suits their own mode of creating. Choices are based on the times in which they live, personal visions and the materials available to best illustrate ideas. This series will look at the evolution of styles in various methodologies. Most of these art forms have been consistently employed by highly talented people to uniquely express themselves in the age in which they are working. We will look at the evolution of styles, personal stories of invention, and inspiration leading to the fabrication of masterworks.
- Painting: Art by Jacques Louis David to the innovative paintings of Kehinde Wiley.
- Sculpture: Ancient Greek artist Praxiteles to America's Renaissance sculptor Augustus St. Gaudens.
- Graphic Arts: Stunning imagery by Toulouse Lautrec to Shepard Fairey.
- Glass: Elegance of Louis Comfort Tiffany to Dale Chihuly's extravaganzas.
- Fashion & Design: Imaginative styles by Elsa Schiaparelli to Alexander McQueen.
- Photography: Julia Margaret Cameron's soft-focus prints through the superb images of Annie Leibovitz.
- Dance: Rudolf Valentino's spirited Tango to Adam Cooper's dramatic Swan Lake.