Course DescriptionWell-known today as preventive medicine, Qigong is believed to treat a variety of health conditions and help promote better health by allowing your energy or chi to flow through the body. Participants will learn the yin and yang theory based on ancient Chinese healing systems and explore proper breathing techniques, visual imagery skills, specialized movements, and postures. This is an interactive experience, and handouts will be provided to help support the teachings. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Register early. Space is limited.
- Introduction to Self-Care through Eastern Philosophy and Qigong fundamentals: Warm-up exercises, standing meditation, proper postural alignment, basic Qigong movements.
- Vitality Enhancement: Learn the anatomy and physiology of chi to deepen your Qigong practice.
- Introduction to Dao Yin Qigong: Develop greater patience while moving slowly; train the mind, the body, the breath, and the balance.
- Discovering Your Chi: Introduction to Primordial Qigong Practice.
- The Healer Within You: Develop a deeper understanding of your mind and body through mind intent, breath, posture, and specialized movements.
- Refinement of Qigong Form: Self-care before healthcare; Enjoy Your Daily Dose of Vitamin Chi, cleanse, purify, harmonize and revitalize your energy.
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Date: Thursdays, April 7, 14, 21, 28; May 12, 19
- Location: Lifelong Learning classrooms, Continuing Education Building
Member - $100
Non-member - $130
One-time guest pass, Member or Non-member at the door - $35.
About the Instructor
Lisa Kirshon is a Wellness Educator of the Chinese Healing Arts of Qigong and Tai Chi for more than 30 years. She brings a wealth of knowledge, education, and inspiration to her teachings. Lisa also provides virtual teachings, "Wellness Without Walls "for Corporate Wellness, Universities, private country clubs, and senior centers. She is a Certified Senior Fitness Specialist, and holds Qigong Certifications from internationally renowned health educator Kenneth Cohen, and NASM; CPR and AED, AHA Heartsaver.